Used in semiconductor, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) display and optical applications ,like as contact materials in silicon controlled rectifier diodes, transistors and thyristors. Tungsten has similar coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE) to silicon combined with moderate thermal conductivity, and are therefore suitable for large area power devices where considerable heat is generated.Further applications include the use of Tungsten as heat sink bases in IC’s, LSI’s and hybrid circuits.
· Silicon Controlled Rectifiers Diodes
· Thyristors (GTO ‘s)
· Heat Sink Bases in IC’s, LSI’s and Hybrid Circuits
· CTE matched to semiconductor substrate
· Good thermal conductivity
· High volume production
· Proven in high value applications